The holiday destination of Mission Beach has a 14km coastline of pristine beaches and bays. From Garners Beach and Bingil Bay in the north through North Mission Beach, Wongaling Beach, South Mission Beach to Kennedy Bay in the south. Mission Beach is one of the few places where the rainforest meets the reef.
There is a distinct feeling amongst locals that they have a very unique location to share. With a World Heritage Rainforest backdrop, Mission Beach looks out to the splendor of a Coral Sea dotted with tropical islands. Dunk Island is only 4 klm off shore and can be visited on a day trip from Mission Beach.
The holiday maker will find shopping villages, restaurants and a seemingly endless supply of tours and activities, all serving to support accommodation venues of every type and style.
Snapshot of Mission Beach:
- Two main shopping villages.
- Restaurants and Eateries.
- Post Office.
- Closest point to the Great Barrier Reef.
- Numerous Rainforest walks and tours.
- Tours & Activities to suit everyone.
- 14 klm of pristine North Queensland beach.
- Great Barrier Reef trips.
- Dunk Island day trips.
- Sailing and motor boat hire.
- Numerous accommodation choices.
While Mission Beach does enjoy a reputation of being a peaceful eco tourism destination, you can certainly thrill to some of the most exciting activities on offer anywhere. From hurtling earthwards skydiving to shooting the rapids white water rafting, Mission Beach is quickly positioning itself as a thrill seeker holiday destination too!